Featured post

My story and The Secret

It's taking a lot of courage for me to write this post as it's very personal but i feel like it's an experience i'd like to ...

Thursday 6 November 2014

Hair Tips No.2 - Got2b Oil-Licious with Argan Oil

So recently i've had wonderful visit from my lovely best friend who's trying to grow her hair so i said i'd share with her some of my top hair tips!!

I've done one of these before, however it was quite a while ago! If you've seen it, i had a BEFORE and AFTER picture of the length of my hair. 

I'd previously done some research into how to look after your hair and what you can do to help it grow. Obviously since then, i've changed a few things when it comes to my hair! (I previously had quite a lot cut off to make it healthy again, which was heart breaking! But it's finally starting to grow again, Yay! and it's the best it has felt for years!)

Here are my TOP tips:

  • Don't straighten/curl it EVERY DAY! Leaving it natural some days, maybe in a loose bun on the top of your head really does help! And these days a messy bun is in trend! Maybe straightening it once a week is ok!
  • Let it dry naturally, or use a a low heat setting!  I try hard not to use heat on my hair, it just doesn't do it any favours!
  • Certain Foods! Eat eggs, beans, nuts, yogurts and cheese! There's other foods such as whole-grain cereals, dark green vegetables, banana's, etc.
  • Multivitamins! 
  • Excersise!
  • Head massage! Tip your head upside down once in a while and just give your self a little head massage! 
  • Don't over brush! Believe it or not, over brushing your hair can be bad. It can pull full strands from the roots, so maybe one or twice a day!
  • Loose hair bands! Tying hair up tightly can break or damage strands.





Recently, my hair's been in such a good condition and has been so easy to handle! (Previously having long, thick knotty hair!)

I've been using herbal essences shampoo and conditioner (i know everyone has their own brands that they get on best with!)

 After towel drying my hair after washing it, i'll put a fair amount of 'BED HEAD - EGO BOOST Split end Mender, Leave in conditioner' as i have really thick hair and tie it up in a loose band on the top of my head.



Once my hair's finally dried naturally, i'll spray some 'TRESemmé heat defence' through my hair, to protect it from any heat (If I'm going to straighten/curl it, which i only do once a week at the most!)


Whether leaving my hair natural or styling it, i've recently started using 'Schwarzkopf got2b Oil-licious - With Argan Oil' Which is a weightless dry oil mist, which smooths and gives you tangle free locks! Its by far the best product i've ever used! It definitely does what it says on the tin!! This spray says it can be used everyday, however i only use it once a week as my hair just doesn't get knotty or frizzy after using it the 1st time! I would definitely recommend it to anyone! :-)


So there we go! My top tips for looking after my hair! :-)
Most of these products are available at Boots or Superdrug!
Please feel free to leave comments and your tips!

xox




No comments:

Post a Comment