Featured post

My story and The Secret

It's taking a lot of courage for me to write this post as it's very personal but i feel like it's an experience i'd like to ...

Friday 3 October 2014

Upwards and Onwards

It's been a while hasn't it? I'm incredibly sorry! I've been caught up on settling back into my final year at university - Finally! Yay! :-D

When it comes to myself and feelings at the moment, they've been here and there! October is a hard month for me but Do you ever just feel like, you aren't good enough? Well, I'm all one for positive thinking and everything but I'm not sure what happened this time, i just found myself getting lower and lower.




Firstly, I found myself feeling very low about  my ability to be a blog writer! Another reason was that i almost had (what could have been) a very serious car accident, which scared me so much! Which made me doubt my driving skills. If it's one piece of advice i have for you, do not take things or people for granted!!! It's safe to say, im slowly getting over it and taking a lot more caution! We've all done it right? Lesson learnt!! There is a few other reasons to why i felt the way i have been but I'll not bore you! :-)

OK so, after feeling down in the dumps, I woke up one morning and gave myself a reality check! I'd do this thing that my sister used to tell me to do, where you would write a list of 10-20 things you have to look forward to in your life as well as setting goals! I find it helps to motivate me. 





I find it amazing how much self confidence people can have. Some people think I'm quite confident and I do like to think I am most of the time. I mean, I can talk the hind legs off a donkey! But what people don't see is that I'm easily intimidated. I will try my best to fit in with anyone, sometimes I struggle but what you have to accept is, that's just the way it is sometimes! Some people are not as easy to get on with as much as others but if it's one thing i've learnt, it's to be yourself, don't try and be someone your not and most importantly, Believe in yourself. Because if you don't... you won't get far. Be positive! :-)

Today, I read this article in the Company Magazine - it was quite interesting actually! About, how it's getting to that time of year where everyone's making themselves available, ready to get all cosy for the Christmas/winter season! Isn't that crazy? I say this, but deep down im one of these people! Or at least, id like to be... but not just for the winter season!!! that's just pure madness if you ask me. This is where self confidence comes into it... when it comes to guys, im so shy! I am the biggest wimp and I hate admitting this, because guys like confident females don't they? Apparently. I just don't seem to handle the whole 'Butterfly' feeling very well and quite frankly, it always gets the better of me!  I don't know why and I like to think that I'm not the only one




If your anything like me, your a people pleaser and you worry too much what people think? Yes? Well, i should probably take my own advice in this case, but don't. 

These are the things I tell myself everyday! 

1) Don't worry about what people think of you. (What your wearing or what you are doing, being confident and being different makes you stand out from the crowd!)

2) Believe in yourself. (You can do it! Whatever it is you want to do, get up and do it!)

Which brings me to number 3..

3) There's no such thing as 'Can't' (Anything is possible!)

4) Set yourself goals and achievements (I did this on my year out and doubted myself but I kept going and did it, I achieved more than everything I hoped I would, and believe me... it's the best feeling in the world!)

5) All you can do is try your best (At least you can say you tried, even if it comes to not being very confident with something, you don't know until you try!)

6) It's not the end of the world (Never give up. I've been through some pretty bad times in the last few years... there was a point when i thought it was the end of the world and i gave up, but i soon realised there's a big world out there. Pick yourself up and try again. Maybe start a new journey?)

7) Always turn a negative into a positive (Positive thinking attracts positive people and happenings!)

8) Smile :-)

Dee 
xox


Images from : 
http://thekissingexpert.com/kiss-essentials/the-naughty-nice-of-mistletoe-kissing
http://www.123rf.com/stock-photo/specific.html
http://signature-strength.com/workshops/mastermind-your-career/attachment/fed-up-woman-at-desk-2/


















No comments:

Post a Comment